Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Shoulder Separation Recovery Time?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Riley212
Veteran Member

Im about a year and a half out of mine, They said it was level 3 or whathave you. I went back to work after 3 months and could do push ups and pull ups with out it hurting much at 4. still hurts everyonce and a while and pops and stuff and i cant wear a heavy backpack. Mostly i forget about it now.

I didn't get surgury so i just have a lump.

Just keeps icing it and keep it in the sling and don't do shit for about a month and a half, you need to let the ligaments re net themselves. at about 2 months go see a deep tissue massage theapist/ physical therapist who can show you how to get your strength and range of motion back and break up the scar tissue. those people arent that expensive if you dont have insurance just tell them that you dont and its usually $75 ish an hour which you should do a few times. Doctors can't really do shit for you unless they do surgury.

dont do like shred did, that will only fuck it up more.

Edit: yea AC seperation is different than dislocation it hurts more for longer and never really heals all the way unless you get surgury to replace the tendons that you ripped.

Last edited by Riley212; 01-25-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Riley212 is offline   Reply With Quote