Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #740 (permalink)
nickwarrenn

Just got back from my first day riding it, figured I should post my thoughts.

Setup:
Proto CTX 155
Burton 09' Custom bindings
Thirty-Two lashed boots, Size 12

Conditions were less than ideal, it was a spring skiing day on the ice coast. Slushy and soft, no snow in the glades and the park was swiss cheese from the rain the night before. First off, let me say that this is definitely an all mountain freestyle board.

The pop is there to really get off some of the sketchier stuff, and the stiffness is middle of the road. To put it in perspective, when I leaned back over the tail of the board, the nose flexed up about 10 inches, a lot less than my old jib noodle. I found it super damp when going mach 11 down groomers with rollers, although the nose of the board makes a different noise when coasting off of stuff, something that I'll get used too.

I felt like I was pretty slow on the board compared to my friend on skis, although it was factory wax and by the end of the day it looked hungry for some real stuff. I didn't find the CTX to have bad/slow edge to edge, worked out just find for me. (And I was giving it through some berms.)

Didn't get to test the durability of the topsheet yet (yay ), but I did run over a couple rocks when a rental kiddie cut me off getting off the chair. Base didn't scratch, although the metal edge has a bit of a scratch along the bottom. Funny that the base is seems stronger than the metal rails.

Last thing is the vario edge, which is golden. Not sure yet it it was just the snow or the board, but I was super agile no matter where I was or how fast I was going.

Thanks Never Summer!
nickwarrenn is offline   Reply With Quote