Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

All Mountain Board Suggestions

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  eelpout 
#1 ·
Once an intermediate rider. Moved away from the mountains but hope to make it out for a few outings per season. Would like to upgrade from the antique sticks I have been riding.

5'9" 165lbs. Really like the 157 size.

I do more freeriding than park tricks, especially now that I don't get out as much as I used too. I felt an all mountain board would be fine for going fast down blues and blacks, yet forgiving enough I can pick it up and ride after lengthy intervals between trips to the slope. (agree?)

So my question: Any good ideas for boards to look at? Something from a few years ago that I could pick up used would be nice too.

Appreciate the input.

#4 ·
what is your budget?

Its tough to suggest a specific older board as what you find used or on ebay is a crapshoot.

Also if you wait a few months you will be able to get deals on this years models.

#6 ·
I understand what you mean, but I really haven't set a budget. My hope here is to get a list of boards that meet or exceed my skill level, then when one pops up for a good deal, either used, or as you said, as an end of season deal, I will pull the trigger. I'd just like a quality board, which will hopefully last me a long time.

For now I have my old standby (and I do mean old), but would like to get rolling on getting sometime that fits me a little better.

#7 ·
No specific order, but these are boards that I have ridden that I have really liked as all around boards.

Lib tech trs c2btx
Arbor Coda
Neversummer SL (proto would probably be better for you but never rode it)
Banana magic

Here is a good deal on the 2011 arbor coda Arbor Coda Snowboard 2011

And I have a 2012 trs c2btx for sale if you are interested http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bu...ment/45458-2012-lib-tech-trs-c2btx-157-a.html

If you want a banana magic, I would wait a couple more months, thats when they usually drop in price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.