Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need help with ICS binding selection
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
AJHXXXIII

Default Need help with ICS binding selection

I need some advice picking out new bindings for my board. I am just getting back into snowboarding from about 8 years ago. I have 2012 burton custom restricted. It rated at a 5 for the flex. I currently have some 2012 forum faction bindings on it and as I have been getting better at boarding they seem to be a little softer than what I would like and I want to take advantage of my ICS capabilities. Im stuck between three bindings the Cartel EST, Cartel Restricted EST, and the Malavita EST. I know that malavita has very slightly softer flex than the cartels, and it has the asym strap which I think is pretty comfy, although i have rarely had problems with normal straps. So I am kind of stuck on the choices I can pick up some cartel EST for about 150ish, some cartel restricteds for about 200ish, and the malavitas for about 270ish. I ride all mountain currently but as I get better I may start to do some park stuff but most likely nothing to extreme just some rails and boxes and maybe try the half pipe and some jumps. Like I said though mostly I'll be doing all mountain. I've done research and am kind of leaning towards the cartels because of price, but is the asym strap on the restricted worth the extra cost? And what would you guys recommend of those three? If I forgot some pertinent info just ask me and I'll add it but I think i got most of what you'd need to know. Thanks for any help.
AJHXXXIII is offline   Reply With Quote