Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Anyone been to Snowbird this week?

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  hikeswithdogs 
#1 ·
I'm probably gonna do Solitude and Snowbird on this Saturday/Sunday. I was at Solitude last weekend so I know it's good but how is Snowbird this week (conditions, open runs, etc)? I've never been and want to make sure it's worth going. Thanks.

#4 ·
That can't be right as far as I know all the major areas of Snowbird are open(except for the new extreme terrain), honestly I'm not a huge fan of the Bird ESPECIALLY on the weekends , I'd much rather goto Brighton or head up to Ogden to ride Powder Mountain or even Snowbasin much better chances of getting fresh tracks and WAY less crowds.

#5 ·
Yeah, I am kinda preparing for crowds but it's a little bit of an iconic resort so I feel my wife and I should go at least once. We've been to Brighton and Solitude multiple times and love them (especially Solitude). We really wanted to try the Canyons but I gather that Park City doesn't get/have as much snow as the Cottonwood Resorts.

#6 ·
Yea ParkCity is still not up to Snowbird\Brighton snow levels

Snowbird is only iconic if you like steep rocky terrain, if you or your wife don't like that kind of terrain your not going to have a great time.

I would seriously look into PowderMountain 10$ cat rides and 7000 acreas , if it wasn't 45 minutes away we'd have our seasons there instead of Brighton\Snowbird.

Check out this video from this week at PowMow

#8 ·
I rode Snowbird this past Sunday and Monday. Conditions were good, i was happy with the snow. A lot of the big bowls were full of deep stuff. By deep i mean a good 3' if you step in it. Mineral Basin was closed, adn there was only one black diamond to get down from the tram, but the Puruvian quad to the almost-top was open and fun. It should only be better now i'd think.

As for difficulty, i'm intermediate and was slightly worried about it being too big and steep for my east-coast ass, but it turned out to be fine. Nothing too scary and i rode almost all of the open blacks. None of the double blacks, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.