Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Question on "steeps" for snowolf....
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
philadendron

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstx1017 View Post
Snowolf - I've been trying to shorten my turns on the steeper runs. Normally going down the easier black diamond runs we have here I would have to traverse across the hill to the other side then turn and traverse across again. I was watching the snowprofessor video on "steeps" and was trying their "windshield wiper" method. This was my first day trying this method. I was able to not have to traverse across the mountain as much - does it look like I am somewhat doing what they show? I know I still need to bend my knees more, but I do have knee problems and am wearing knee braces so this is about as "bendy" as I can get. Am I making some progress from last year??? lol

Here is a video from those black diamond and blue runs today.

Miracle Mile - Snow Summit - black & blue sections - YouTube
Well, how can I follow a post like snowolf's? Anyways, I wanted to comment because I've done that specific run at Snow Summit lots of times. In fact, it was where my wife and I started "cutting our teeth" on blacks. Wait until you hit "The Wall" and "Olympic" for the first time, it's a rush! And if you're looking for a good, uncrowded area to practice your turns, Chair 7 is all blues and stays quiet most of the day. It's not an express but there's no park stuff on it and it's just straight up, intermediate level riding. Hit it early, because late in the day the lighting gets REALLY flat and it's hard to see the terrain.

Good job on your riding, you went down the black part on your board not your butt and you linked turns and didn't plow down the whole thing. That's an accomplishment right there.
philadendron is offline   Reply With Quote