Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Season 2 Questions, Tips & Critiques
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Zombaco
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Thanks for the advice and input everyone. Looks like a nice homework list to work on this weekend .

I'll have to be more conscious of my shoulder alignment heelside. It may be a combo not being inline over my board and hunching over in the shoulders. I know I catch myself in bad posture (hunching over in my shoulders) at work and not sitting with a straight back. It could be I'm unknowingly doing that while riding too, and I've got a feeling I'm probably opening my shoulder up past my nose- this opening referring to actual twist in my spine. I'm riding at +15/-12 so I know I shouldn't be opening too much, but probably why I'm not getting the thinner carve lines heelside. I'll definitely give the fore / aft movements a go and try the different unweighting techniques

gjsnowboarder- thanks for your detailed instructions. Maybe a stupid question, but what is "CM" in your explainations? Centered mass? I get the gist of what you said, but unsure of this term. And thanks for the switch diagram, makes a lot of sense.
Zombaco is offline   Reply With Quote