Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #1640 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
Pine Knob sounds legit I'm go for Sunday morning not sure if I'll end up there or Alpine though.
Pine Knob wasn't too bad today! (...granted, I've got limited experience to draw on.) Snow was pretty soft most of the day! But not too wet or slushy! Nowhere near as bad as I thought it might be!

At one point I decided to try taking a few runs over the rollers that the big jumps are built on. Not the jumps themselves but the mounds for the landing transitions. Wanted to see if I could get the feel for setting up the lines, going over and down. Wasn't looking to try and get air, just manage to hit them with enough speed to maybe get a little ("little" mind you,) negative G's. Sort of get a feel for it.

Well,.. I did get airborne, once!! Unfortunately,..

I did NOT stick the landing!! Left a fair sized (chomps shaped) crater at the bottom of the transition! (...I think that would be referred to as "Positive" G's)

Loved how empty the runs were most of the day though! Non stop down & back up, down & back up!!! No dodging Toddlers either!!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote