Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #1641 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
don't stiffen up when you're in the air - even if you're only airborne for a few milliseconds stay loose and centered and let your knees bend to absorb the landing. that's what's meant by 'stomping' it just use those legs like shock absorbers and absorb that impact.

David, appreciate the tips. Thing is, I really didn't intend to get airborne when I did! I only wanted to ride over them a few times, just to see what it was like. I was simply going faster than I intended to on one run, and next thing I knew,..

...I was four or five feet off the ground!!!! It's a REAL good thing it was soft today!!!!

These were WAY too big a jump for me to attempt at my present skill level. It would have been suicidal for me to hit them with the "Intent" of trying to get air!! Just misjudged my speed is all. I can now see how easy it can be to get air! Intentionally or UN-intentionally!! Fortunately no real harm done this time!

This can wind up being a really good lesson for me right now. I've been riding the runs a LOT faster now than I was a week or two ago!! Now I know to keep aclose eye on bumps & dips in the terrain cuz they could easily wind up launching me into the ether. and If it surprises me like that at 25-30 MPH,.. Well, THAT could get really dicey!!!!

Now I know!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote