Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Park Etiquette
Thread: Park Etiquette
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 11:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
colortv

nother thing to mention is to give a quick "DROPPING" shout before you drop into anything, be it a jump, rail, box, pipe, or hip whenever its crowded, it clears the way and if you see some douchebag keep coming you just keep shouting at him DROPPING DROPPING DROPPING and if he doesn't get out of the way then you have permission, this is kind of an unwritten rule, to shout at the guy and yell at him.
i've had this happen to me a couple times where i had to start farrrr back to clear a little roller that i was working on but these stupid skiers would get in my way everytime and just go ahead of me since i was so far back. i shouted dropping and most of the skiers got out of the way...but this one ignorant little bastard decided that it was his turn and that nothing was going to change that. so im going and im shouting at him and he "doesn't hear me" and ends up landing and sitting on the knuckle...moral of the story don't be a douche and be aware of your surroundings in the park!