Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Question on "steeps" for snowolf....
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sincraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstx1017 View Post
Snowolf - I've been trying to shorten my turns on the steeper runs. Normally going down the easier black diamond runs we have here I would have to traverse across the hill to the other side then turn and traverse across again. I was watching the snowprofessor video on "steeps" and was trying their "windshield wiper" method. This was my first day trying this method. I was able to not have to traverse across the mountain as much - does it look like I am somewhat doing what they show? I know I still need to bend my knees more, but I do have knee problems and am wearing knee braces so this is about as "bendy" as I can get. Am I making some progress from last year??? lol

Here is a video from those black diamond and blue runs today.

Miracle Mile - Snow Summit - black & blue sections - YouTube
I think you are doing great! I saw your vids from last year and remember them well. You have a flow going with your riding that keeps you on balance at all times, if you keep this up you will be doing less side sliping and taking on more speed, BUT DONT LISTEN to these guys telling you to bomb blues. Chances are, they are 1/3 your age and dont realize how great you are truly doing.
Sincraft is offline   Reply With Quote