Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking to get with the times - SL? Coda? TRS?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
TBomb

Default Looking to get with the times - SL? Coda? TRS?

Hey all. I think it might be time for me to move on from my 5 year old Option camber board and try the new tech of a hybrid rocker/camber board, but with all the choices out there now I'm not sure what to go with. I'm 5'8" and 155 without gear, 8.5 boot. Current board is an Option Kevin Sansalone 157 and I can handle it pretty well, the only downside is that I feel like I am so preoccupied making sure I don't catch an edge that I am hesitant to try anything new.

I was in Jackson Hole last week and demoed a NeverSummer SL, but it was a 158, which I think was a little long for me. Even with all the snow they had, I had a hard time keeping my edge in the snow when turning, especially toe side. My experience with that board might have been completely different if it had been a 155, but as it was I was a little underwhelmed. Anyway, I don't really want to have more than one board and I don't spend a lot of time in the park. I like to ride pow when I can find it, tree lines, and groomers too. Basically I would like a board that's a little more confidence inspiring as far as catching an edge is concerned but still has good edge holding ability...if that's possible.

Right now I'm still considering the NeverSummer SL but in a smaller size, as well as the Arbor Coda and the Lib Tech TRS (or something else from them). Any good suggestions for boards I should consider and why? I'm probably going to try to demo a couple more before I buy but I would like to narrow down my choices before I start demoing everything in the shop. Sorry for the long post but thanks for the help!
TBomb is offline   Reply With Quote