Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - sore front calf
Thread: sore front calf
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
skippy79

Default sore front calf

I've started boarding again and was out this past weekend in austria, and found that I have 2 problems.

Here's my set-up
Burton Operation 158
burton Cartel bindings
Stance is 15, -15
Width - about the same width as my shoulders
Boots - Burton Ambush
Regular stance
Been riding about 15yrs, a week or 2 per year. I ride mostly groomers, but like to venture out into the park a bit as well

After about half an hour of boarding I start to get a sore front leg, more precisely the front of my calf about the height that my boot is at.
I get it a lot when going across the face of the mountain trying to stay as high as possble( trying to cross a run to get to another one) being regular, going from right to left trying not to lose altitude.
Also when on a fairly flat run trying to go straight.

I have a feeling that it's got to do with technique, something I have probably picked up somewhere and just continued to ride like it.

Where would I be getting this calf stain from?
Most of the pressure is on the front foot when riding, but sometimes this doesn't feel right( due to pain and strain

Also I have noticed that I have a sore foot, actually the bridge of my foot, especially my front foot. My boots are new and was just hoping that it was some kind of breaking in period.
I didn't notice this when trying them on in the shop, just after a few hours of boarding, and the second day it was after a run or 3.
Would this also be a problem with my stance/riding, or just a break in period for the boot?

I'm back out next weekend so could try any changes there, but if nothing else helps, I'm thinking of taking a few hours of lessons.
skippy79 is offline   Reply With Quote