Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #1650 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
Yeah like I said, that was crowded even by normal standards. That was my only complaint and I guess in the grand scheme, 3-4 minute lift line isn't *that* bad.
3-4 minutes ain't bad it's just frustrating when you're used to emptier slopes. Then again, empty slopes are bad for business, even if they're good for you individually, so it's kind of a blessing & a curse either way

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
Definitely glad you had a good time. I had a feeling you were underestimating the fun you can have at Cab and for the cheap prices it's hard to beat.
Yeah, like I said last year it was just really a bummer and kind of put us all in a "WTF?" mood for the whole day.

This year, I avoided that building but it wouldn't have mattered because now I know about it. It was just such a shock last year. Even though the South Peak was not open when we were there I had a ton of fun, that mountain is relly pretty good to ride as long as it isn't too crowded. I really do like the hill there, and the french fries are served in Dave/Sam sized portions.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 42

Mt. Brighton - 13
Mt. Holly - 5
Hawk Island - 3
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Urban - 1