Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rome 390 Bosses ankle strap popping off?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Marumm

Default Rome 390 Bosses ankle strap popping off?

I recently picked up a pair of Rome 390 Bosses for the canted footbeds, which are really comfortable and have been great on my knees so far. However, each of the two times I've taken them up this year, the ankle straps have unfastened, seemingly spontaneously, three times. It's happened twice on my front foot, and once on the rear foot, so it's at least not just a single crappy ratchet.

The second time it happened, I was on the lift, a good 40+ feet over the ground, when the guy next to me looks over and says, "Uhh dude, you know your binding's undone?" I look down, and sure enough, the only thing keeping my board attached to my feet is the toe strap on my left foot. Scary.

So for those with this binding- have you noticed that the release mechanism is extremely touchy? My old P1.1s (which I'm going back to) certainly need a lot more effort to get them to release. The Rome ones just seem to need a teeny tap and they're off. It makes me wonder if I'm missing a locking or fastening mechanism on the things.
Marumm is offline   Reply With Quote