Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Tips on Riding Switch?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 11:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
t21

i'm learning to ride switch so i can do a 180/360 jumps too. but as for now i ride switch(i ride regular 12/-3 angle).what i've been practicing is to ride goofy going heelside then spin 180 to regular toeside,carve across the fall line,spin to goofy then turn goofy toeside go across the fall line,carve on heelside goofy and repeat again. i'd also just carve across the hill goofy on shorter turns especially when the hill gets crowded with people.cannot do 180 on small natural side hits yet but i can jump, do 180 when i stop from a carve going uphill i guess i'll keep trying... as for tips riding switch,don't look down when riding switch it will mess you up! look ahead and position your body as like your riding regular.not sure what your binding angles are but your head will start to adjust to it once you keep at it. you can always switch back to regular to avoid crash like slyder says then start over again.
t21 is offline   Reply With Quote