Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Why do little guys with small feet ride wide boards?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 03:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampow View Post
This is off the thread topic but how do you like your charlie slasher?

I am looking for a pow specific board as we have so much pow here in Japan.

How does it hold up going through lengthy groomed areas to get to the deep stuff?

Can you do jumps and grabs of natural features with it?

As for the OP, I dunno. I am 11 and I usually ride a 252 or a 258 waist. I have reduced footprint boots and 252 is the limit. 258 is sweet.

Lots of people with little feet here in Japan and also short boards, they are light weight in general too.

Don't find many wide boards.

I like the slasher especially in dry deep bottomless...like 16+ inches and would think it would work quite well in that fluff I've seen in your vids...if pow is wet heavy 12" pnw stuff I'll ride my 158 freeride to blast throw the chop. I think the rockered shovel nose is great and like the tapered cam tail...however I think the improvement would be abit of cam up the front of the front binding inserts instead of it being flat...idk...haven't ridden a board like that. The slasher likes to plane/float, excells at big surfy turns, no back leg burn, and can do quick turns but not as good as flicking a fish or malolo type for tight trees. For drops and hits in the pow...I like the cam tail and shovel nose compared to a rockered skate banana because the tail and nose you have something to push againist so you can land abit more tail or nose heavy and with the banana it tends to fold up...so you have to land fairly centered in the pow. Slasher works fine on packed groomers...just got to be on the nose for turning and it rides fine switch. Anywhoo I would like to demo a salomon powder snake since BA raves about it.