Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 06:54 AM   #1652 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
This year, I avoided that building but it wouldn't have mattered because now I know about it. It was just such a shock last year. Even though the South Peak was not open when we were there I had a ton of fun, that mountain is relly pretty good to ride as long as it isn't too crowded. I really do like the hill there, and the french fries are served in Dave/Sam sized portions.
ah, I went in that building by the way. Right before we left. Yeah, it was weird. Like going back in time or something. They had the fireplace going and teens were hanging out in there. Smelled funny as hell. They had some sort of food service appearance but I don't know if they actually use it. The pop fountains looked busted or opened for cleaning or something.

Basically that building either needs to be razed OR they need to re-purpose it into a museum of ski days gone by because they had a lot of really cool old signs on the wall. Turn it into a little museum type attraction, pull out the kitchen or whatever that was. Remove the picnic tables so it's not a lounging place. Just make it an homage to days gone by if they're not going to burn it down. hah
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote