Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 07:58 AM   #1654 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Hey Guy's,

I managed to get three or four hours on the hills last night after getting to Crystal. Snow was pretty good. Dry, fine, not too terribly hard underneath. The softer stuff is WAY easier to carve a turn in. I think maybe the AW wax I just got on my board might be making it slower in this cold, dry snow though. (I don't really know the first thing about wax so I'm not sure!) Doesn't look like it will matter much! It's in the teens right now, but the forecast is to hit the mid forties later!!! (REALLY??? REALLY!?!?!?!? Mid Forties in Freakin" Feb????) Maybe even freezing rain tonight! Hope not!

One thing though, WTF is with the leash law???? Almost got booted off the hill. This is the only place I've been to that I even heard about a leash? Oh well, shelled out $7 for something I will probably only use here. I'll have to remember to keep it somewhere where I won't forget it next time I make it up here.

I'm gonna get ready to go get first chair.

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15

Last edited by chomps1211; 01-31-2012 at 08:02 AM.
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote