Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone still PREFER camber?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 08:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wiredsport
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by easton714 View Post
I've ridden on high-end cambered decks for 12 or so years and I have been researching/looking for a new board with some new technology for a couple months. I've demoed one rocker (meh) and have never been on a hybrid. The more I research things, the less I am certain that I actually want something with a new shape.

So that begs the question...are there any experienced boarders who simply prefer a cambered deck?

Or is there something I am missing?
You aren't alone. Plenty of riders still want some camber in their deck. The trend (if there is one) out of SIA this year was more moderate rocker shapes and the addition of cambered sections into many rockered designs (either Camber Rocker Camber or Rocker Camber Rocker). Pure Camber has become small (less than 30 percent) for 2013 (and even that seems large based on what I was seeing), but it is definitely present and still available. I know that for us, we sell the rockered models that we carry very well as there are less available to choose from. To answer your question, for sure there is a group of experienced riders that still want camber only.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote