Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Yet Another Never Summer Thread...
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikecoupons View Post
I live and snowboard on the east coast, in the Poconos, specifically in resorts. I guess there isn't too much challenging terrain there . I ride all of the trails except double blacks because i find those trails to be too icy to enjoy anything out of the ride. I like to hit natural jumps/jibs and i generally stick to the trail. I thought the SL/Evo/Heritage was more park-oriented as on the site it is more on that side of the scale. After reading the posts, I have been thinking about getting the SL, and then trying on some stiffer boots at a shop and asking them which bindings will fit my budget and board+boots. Hopefully the colors match the board!
I rode the softest board they make at Breck going fairly fast. Super fast? No. Fastest guy on the slopes? No. Beat 5 other guys in a race? Yes. Fast as this old 35 y/o guy wants to go? Almost.

If you're going with NS, Proto/SL/Cobra and MAYBE heritage is what I'd look at. If you're a smaller guy like me, the Heritage is almost out of reach at 155cm but go read Snowolf's review. you never know. you might end up on a big mountain and your deck will be able to handle it.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote