Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Breckenridge
Thread: Breckenridge
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
BurtonAvenger
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_lock View Post
Hey Debbie Downer, I appreciate the sentiment, but we all lived in CO before so we're no rookies on the drinking at high altitudes thing. Sucks to hear we're away from the action though. Maybe the snow plow guy will give us a lift home at the end of the night.
Yep know your kind going to see you limping to the mountain at noon talking about the night before. Cool you lived here before doesn't mean you lived in Breck otherwise you wouldn't be asking about night life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digZ View Post
Actually lots of recent studies have shown that there aren't any adverse health risks to drinking at high altitudes. It goes against common belief (generally that if you live at lower altitudes, your body will metabolize things more slowly at a higher altitude than your used to), but many studies have shown that high altitude drinking does not make you "more drunk" than drinking at or below sea level, and there aren't any more dangerous long term side effects of drinking at altitude than you would normally get drinking at sea level.

Now if you're suffering from altitude sickness already and you begin drinking heavily I'm sure that you will exacerbate the problem, but if you're feeling good alcohol won't hurt you anymore than it does normally
Studies also show I think you're a fucking idiot for posting about studies. You can find a study on anything in the world doesn't make it accurate. Dare you to come out here and drink like you would at sea level see how it effects. Oh wait that wouldn't be a study that would be a hands on approach and people that only go by studies never do anything hands on.