Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Opinion on lessons
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
ceridwen

I agree with others that the smaller group lesson is worth it. As someone who has done both group and private lessons, I also really loved the group lessons (never in a group of more than 4-5) for the beginner stages, but have found private lessons better for fine-tuning now that I've hit a more intermediate level. A 2 hour private lesson is only $99 bucks where I ride though, so it's easier to justify the cost. For the early stages of riding, I liked having other people to watch and found it less tiring to do group lessons because there are built in chances to rest while you watch other people try. Even though I would not describe myself as much of a visual learner I still found I got a lot out of watching other people around my own skill level try the same things I was attempting. As a real beginner, I don't think there is an advantage to doing private lessons over small group lessons unless she's exceptionally shy (my stepsister won't even try with other kids there to watch her fail) or really athletic with a lot of board-sport type experience (in which case she might outpace the group).
ceridwen is offline   Reply With Quote