Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #1687 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
no worries about the old man status,..

... Good thing is though, especially when you're learning, getting those back-to-back days in should help you develop better muscle memory as opposed to someone who only goes out to ride 3-4 times a winter
Yup, I have managed to string a couple of sessions of back to back, all day riding trips together since I took my lesson late last season. I expect it might just be why I have progressed as quickly as I have. I have been more than a bit amazed at my progress myself especially when I compare my experience with some of the others I read here. (Not to discount or underestimate I may have a little "Natural" ability or Aptitude for it either!!)

I wasn't joking when I wrote in an earlier post back in Dec., that I was VERY surprised on my first time out this season to find that I was at least as good as I was @ end of last, If Not, maybe a bit better!! Didn't seem to "Lose" anything over the summer. I was REALLY Stoked about that!

I am most definitely,.. Totally, completely, happily, OBSESSED with this sport!!!! Wish I'd have discovered it 25-30 years ago!! I'd b working @ a "Starbucks" or something on some mountain just so I could ride every day!!!! !!!

Well, gonna get some quick chow and get out for first chair!

More later.

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote