Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board too big?
Thread: Board too big?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smacpack532 View Post
I got a 165 cm. board last year and then i lost weight and now im 205lbs. Im intermediate/advanced and mostly freeride. Is this board too big for me?
It is a bit long (what model is it?). What you will feel is the board will require more effort to man-handle around in tight spaces (like in trees) and bend into a tighter turn. If you can... dropping down to a 160ish board will let you be more playful - drawback is the board will be less stable at high speeds.

If you can't get a new board, the silver lining will be that having an oversized board will teach you the benefits of leverage and efficiency in your riding technique - a lot of bigger riders depend too much on their innate weight and strength to throw the board around... less powerful riders have to develop more subtle control and finesse instead (obviously the best if you can do both)

Quote:
A strong man, who has known power all his life, will lose respect for that power. But a weak man knows the value of strength...

Last edited by lonerider; 02-02-2012 at 07:10 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote