Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fear
Thread: Fear
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
gprider_capita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipes View Post
Hey, i have been riding for i think 6 years now (I'm 16) and i can carve up a storm regular. and i am beginning to learn switch, i can get down a hill without falling, but i cant carve yet. I can pop pretty high for my size (5'5" - 115lbs) and i can land a 180 and 50/50 small ride on boxes. I really want to be able to hit rails and boxes and bigger jumps in the park but i just cant seem to get there. I think i have 2 fears. 1. getting hurt, i bruised my tailbone 3 years ago and it still hurts today if i sit in a weird position. 2. being embarrassed. I think I'm so used to looking good when I'm carving down a diamond that i don't want to look bad it the park. i know i shouldn't care what people think but i do. i can pop pretty high for my size (5'5" - 115lbs) and i can land a 180 and 50/50 small ride on boxes.

Any tips for getting over these 2 fears?

Just shred it bro, how else are you going to get better? I have been snowboarding for the past 2 years and i have progressed farther than that because me and my push each other to one up one another every time we hit up the hill. Pain is just weakness leaving the body, if you fully commit to a rail or jump you will be surprised at your own abilities.
gprider_capita is offline   Reply With Quote