Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - looking for an upgrade
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
SkittlesRgood

Default looking for an upgrade

I currently have an 08 ride fleetwood 161. the board fits my riding style but its the only board i've ever had so I want to experience something better. I guess I mostly go for speed. I'm trying to clock myself at 50mph (need something to track it). I also like to go off trail and find some untouched powder. then every so often I'll touch the park. mostly only jumps, no spinning, I just like catching air. Working on landing the big ass jumps. there are so many options for boards I'm not sure what to get. I need to stick with a wide board. I'm fairly light so I could go with a shorter board but I dont want to give up speed, although turning easier sounds nice. looks like I want a camber because they sound the most stable at speed. but then i see variants of the camber (camber, rocker, camber) and i figure i need more experienced advice.

6'2" tall
160lbs
intermediate-advanced
11.5 boot
25 years old
like to keep it under $500
I ride in the sierras, lake tahoe.

I figure i might as well lump in boots an binding here as well if thats ok. I have burton missions from 08 that I want to replace for only one reason. I strip out the ladders on them every year. ive used them twice this year and i already have chunks missing. i like my bindings crazy tight. so if you guys know of a good binding that fits my riding habits that has a better ratcheting system, that would be great.

boots are 08 salomon dialogues. I like these boots a lot. I wouldnt mind looking into another lacing system. mostly wondering if they actually fit my riding style since I don't seem to know any better.

hope I gave all the info you guys need to help me out. sorry I dont have a starting point with options I've already picked through. Thanks for the help guys. and if anyone likes going to northstar I'm always trying to keep a full car when I go. usually have one seat open.
SkittlesRgood is offline   Reply With Quote