Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Outerwear ruined?

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  ThunderChunky 
#1 ·
So without asking me my mother took my pants and jacket that were dirty and just washed them like regular cloths and dried them. Now they are just soaking up water like normal cloths do and it bleeds through and makes my layers wet. Is there anything I can do to Re-Waterproof my outwear or do I have to buy a new pair of pants and a jacket?

#7 ·
Amazon.com had a sale a little bit ago to get the Nikwax Techwash with the Nikwax TXDirect. In fact, they still have it. This is what you want. Amazon.com: Nikwax Hardshell Twin Pack: Clothing The TX will re-waterproof your gear, and the tech wash will keep it that way when it needs cleaning.

#8 ·
Don't let your mom near any of your snow stuff anymore. Read the directions for using the Nikwax and wash it/dry it yourself in a separate load. If your mom complains about you wasting a wash cycle for two items of clothing then ask her whether she cares more about $2 worth of water or you getting frostbite on the hill due to a $100 pair of pants that she tried to ruin.

BTW, wour mom is giving you crap. Every woman I have ever met knows and understands what its like to have a favorite clothing item ruined. She might not care (since its yours), but she knows that she messed up. Ask her if she'd be so smug if you put bleach in the wash with her favorite cocktail dress.

#9 ·
BTW, wour mom is giving you crap. Every woman I have ever met knows and understands what its like to have a favorite clothing item ruined. She might not care (since its yours), but she knows that she messed up. Ask her if she'd be so smug if you put bleach in the wash with her favorite cocktail dress.
I wish I could but I am already grounded for this weekend for getting a C in a class and saying anything like that would probably mean another week or 2 of no riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.