Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - how the fuck do you ride glades?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Milo303
Veteran Member

About the only way you can control speed in some gnarly glades is to literally scruff of speed whenever you can and if you have to, zing around a tree and face up hill some if you need to.

Glades are my favorite stuff to ride and I've bounced off a ton of trees, it happens....

I've also found a lot of fun in making big zig zags and essentially side hilling back and fourth thru the trees to make a sweet tree run last a lot longer. But that's in really tight trees.... More open trees like aspens or something I like to just fly thru those weaving in and out of them.

But ya, it's all about practice.... I can shred trees with the best of them but you get me on a wide open bowl with bottomless powder and I flail around like an idiot and can't make a good looking line to save my life.

It's because I've got a ton of tree riding experience with not insane deep powder (Colorado resort riding)

Oh I've ripped probably a handful of gloves from having to grab onto tree trunks to help me make a tight turn because I was going to fast

But my smile is from ear to ear when I pop out of those trees
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote