Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #1694 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Default Vakay over,.. Back to the daily grind! :(

Back home after Five & 1/2 days of riding! Most of the trip had reasonably ridable snow conditions (...of course what's considered "reasonably ridable" is after factoring in the utterly CRAPPY snow season so far!) Even so, I had a BLAST!!!!

My speed & control is improving by leaps & bounds!!

I worked it to the point of "Complete" physical exhaustion this week!! I would have loved to hook up with Leo for a couple hours @ Nubs on Sun. but I honestly don't think my thighs would have held me up for even one more ride. I didn't want to get sloppy or make a stupid mistake due to extreme fatigue and risk ending my season! (...I figured if I was that physically tired it was probably NOT the time to push for "Just a couple more runs!")

Oh yeah,.. I accomplished one of the goals I set for the week!! I am now riding and linking turns,.. SWITCH!!! Woo Hooo!!!

I'll post more about that later, but briefly, I could easily & comfortably get & straight ride switch as long as I was pressuring my heel edge! I was OK with heel side turns while switch, but as soon as I went for a Toe-side turn,... Disaster!!

Now don't mis-understand me,.. When I say "I'm riding switch, I mean I'm riding & linking turns "Switch" like I was riding "Regular" last year,.. Pretty darned slow, occasionally jerky and nowhere near in "complete" control, and looking more than a might "Unsteady" @ times!!

But, I AM Riding it!! Seriously,.. I LOVE THIS FREAKIN' SPORT!!!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15

Last edited by chomps1211; 02-06-2012 at 08:19 AM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote