Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bad injury at a horrible time..
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
AlexS

Default Bad injury at a horrible time..

So I'm at my local mountain at the "big" park..first 2 jumps in the jumpline i do fine and on the bottom of the third is a little skier who decides that the landing is a jolly place to sit down and take in the fresh air. According to my friend(I remember none of this, the rest of this is from what he told me), I bailed out in order to avoid him and landed on my head. I rode up the lift when my friend noticed I was acting very odd and repetitive, so he had me ride down, ride up another lift, then ride down to the lodge. He took me to the ER and they sent me home after 5 or so hours. Serious concussion and bruised tailbone/back muscles they said.

Now I've been looking forward to a trip to Utah in 2 weeks..I asked the doc about it and he flat out said at this point there's no way, and that if I reinjured this part of my brain again it'd be serious. Naturally I said that this was the first time this had ever happened to me and that I'd simply avoid jumps and I'd be okay. He didn't really answer and told me we could have a checkup in two weeks. I won't blame the skier because it's my fault - I should have ran into him and let him have the bad day. But yeah, fun times..
AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote