Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Le Chamois Whistler Hotel BC
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
deeken

So I booked our honeymoon trip this past weekend and decided to go with another hotel. I booked the entire trip through a Whistler travel agent. Usually I book everything separately but I was able to save a fortune if I bundled everything together through Whistler.com (air, hotel, lift tickets, transportation to and from the airport). The price of the airfare from Newark to Vancouver ran about $1240 from the Whistler site but cost over $2700 directly from the Airline's website. The travel agent was able to get us a room at the The Fairmont Chateau Whistler for around the same price as the Le Chamois. The Fairmont is a 4 1/2 star resort while the Le Chamois is 3. I'm not trying to be a snob but my soon-to-be wife insisted on staying at a very nice resort or else we are not doing this trip. She wanted to go to Hawaii or some other tropical resort so it took a lot of compromising to get her to agree to Whistler.

I usually don't book my trip through travel agents but I can't believe how much money I saved over doing it myself. I know this will probably be the only time I will get out there but I want to make it worth while. I'll be boarding for 3 days. If anyone could advise me on some nice/fun blue runs (I'm just about intermediate, no steeps), which mountain I should start off with and some food recommendations I would appreciate it. I'm really stoked about this trip, I hope the weather don't suck.
deeken is offline   Reply With Quote