Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - buying a house/condo/property
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by newnew View Post
yeah you definately get what you pay for, don't get me wrong, i don't wanna buy a house just for the sake of buying, i would want something that's overall a good size. I have absolutely no idea what to look for in a house, but it just crossed my mind recently that i should probably take initiative and start building my assets sooner than later. i will be doing more research within the week.

- i'm in edmonton
I'd say edmonton's a stable market. Worth investing in...

When I bought my first house I spent a lot of time on realtor.ca looking at the map and checking LOTS of listings. I new what I wanted back then (property, modern kitchen, garage, country setting) so when I saw my listing come up in my price range, I knew it was a good deal. I went with an agent and looked at three properties that night, put an offer in the next morning, and by the end of that week had bought my first house!

Honestly as long as you stay on top of everyone working for you (agents, inspectors, mortgage brokers, lawyers, etc.) then it's not a bad process. If you let them run the show things will become a headache. I used to call them all every few days or so to find out where they were at, and what they still needed. On the other hand I've known people to wait by the phone for the lawyer to call, only to have their closing date pass because the lawyer forgot about it.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote