Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Killington??

5K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  BruceWard 
#1 ·
thinking about a road trip to killington this sunday til thursday.. whats it looking like up there..?I know they have a 24inch base,,But still kind of interested in peoples opinions

#17 ·
Going up this Saturday. Hope it's good. Temperatures are good for snowmaking, but how much snow does Killington actually blow?

Thinking of taking a lesson actually... hmm. I've managed to get group lessons that are actually like private or 1 other person at some other places, because usually it's beginners taking more lessons than people who are more intermediate, wonder if I can swing that at Killington.

#18 ·
Going up this Saturday. Hope it's good. Temperatures are good for snowmaking, but how much snow does Killington actually blow?
If the temperature is right they usually blow 2-3 runs a night.

I was there the other week and some rain definitely ruined the conditions, went from 115 runs open to 60 something. You have to watch Killington though, they call ANYTHING an open run. Like right now at 78 runs (according to their website) I wouldn't bother going for the riding condtions, but their parks are fun if that's your thing.

#19 ·
Yeah, I mean, the trip is already planned out so I'm going for sure, it's a large group, but I just got a new park board and it looks like the Timberline park has a lot of features that are good for progression... so I may hang out there the whole weekend.

#23 ·
KIllington Lodging

Thinking of surprising the family with a few mid-march days at Killington. Any suggestions on a decent condo? I need a place with a kitchen, as we have food allergies and eating out every meal is tough. Want someplace that we can get a decent nights sleep, and hopefully an outdoor hot tub.

Not particular about ski in/out, as we tend to be there at first run and ski all day rather than jump back and forth to the room, but I'm not against any suggestions.

Also, looking at the historical data, march is normally pretty decent there, right?

I was going to book Pico Sports through K's website but the reviews show it to be an abomination. Its the second lowest ranked place there? That surprises me.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

#24 ·
Thinking of surprising the family with a few mid-march days at Killington. Any suggestions on a decent condo? I need a place with a kitchen, as we have food allergies and eating out every meal is tough. Want someplace that we can get a decent nights sleep, and hopefully an outdoor hot tub.

Not particular about ski in/out, as we tend to be there at first run and ski all day rather than jump back and forth to the room, but I'm not against any suggestions.

Also, looking at the historical data, march is normally pretty decent there, right?

I was going to book Pico Sports through K's website but the reviews show it to be an abomination. Its the second lowest ranked place there? That surprises me.

Anyway, thanks in advance.
I was about to make a very similar post...we are talking about heading up there for 4 days in early March. Seems like the 10 day weather forecast is ideal for snowmaking. I hope they get some natural snow too.

Keeping an eye out for responses.

#25 ·
On my way up to killington now from PA. won't be riding until tomorrow but their website says they won't be making snow again until friday. I've been watching the weather up there for the past two weeks and I know they haven't received much snow. Hoping the conditions are worth the trip.

#28 ·
Because it makes no sense to make snow if it's going to be in the 40s and raining a day later. March is still a long way off though.

My wife changed her mind and wants to go to Mt Snow now, and we found a fantastic deal on a log cabin. Still haven't committed to going yet tho.

#29 ·
When is it going to be 40* and raining? :dunno:

The forecast I see says 37* and sunny tomorrow, 35 and sunny on Friday and then cold (real cold) and some snow over the weekend. It's been crystal clear all week from what I have seen on the web and perfect snowmaking conditions overnight.

#31 ·
I think they're taking it easy making snow half because of the weather and also because next weekend is a holiday weekend so they'll want it real nice for that and blow mad snow leading up to it.

They are making it tomorrow night though. Conditions were pretty good again today. Sun was shining and helped soften up everything.

#33 ·
Ok so 18" in the last week and 6=10 more on the way in the next day or two. I'm psyched to get up there but what are the chances that freezing rain forecasted for Saturday will turn to snow or just miss or something. That will be a shitty first day on the mountain and I would hate for it to kill what I assume are currently fantastic snow conditions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.