Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Park Etiquette
Thread: Park Etiquette
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #125 (permalink)
jyuen
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
A lot of very skilled park riders don't freeride at all. Probably couldn't do blues with any skill.
how is that even possible? if they can kill the park, i'm assuming they can at the least throw 3's maybe even 5's on 25 foot + kickers? in order to throw a nice spin off a big jump, you can't just huck it. you have to have a nice approach which requires some nice carving to set up your platform. most parks where I'm from (east coast/ontario, canada) have the same steepness as a blue level slope. also add in the balance these park rats have and their superior edge control when they do butters because most park rats also love to butter... i'd say any skilled bark rider can shred down your blue run with lots of skill.

I understand that there are many other aspects of riding (ie, backcountry or glades) and i agree, the terrain park isn't the gold standard for measuring skill. if you can kill the park, it doesn't mean you can make it on back country riding or kill it through the glades, but to say that a lot of skilled park riders can't do blues seems rather ludacris to me.

i agree with taos, learn to make it down blues and blacks (not including glades/moguls/slackcountry) before you head to the park and don't fuck up my jumps by cutting up the lip/landing... i mean just this weekend i saw someone speed check so much approaching a jump, he ended up stopping and crawling up the lip and hopping off. it didn't even cross his mind that he should probably ride around. i would have yelled at him had i not been busy trying to find my camera to film him... unfortunately it was out of batteries lol

Last edited by jyuen; 02-08-2012 at 11:01 PM.
jyuen is offline   Reply With Quote