Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Foot Pain
Thread: Foot Pain
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #45 (permalink)
firstx1017

I started having foot pain mainly this year on the balls of my feet. I noticed that on our local mountain the longest run is 5 minutes and I never had a problem. But we went to Park City this year and one run was over 10 minutes and around the 10 minute mark the balls or my feet were numb and my toes then went numb and I had to stop and rest my feet and then continue. It happened on every "long" run we went on. Short runs were not a problem.

I then came on here and read about getting snowboard socks. I have really wide feet (Triple E) and usually wear just the thinnest socks I could find because my boots were already tight. We came back from Park City and I tried the snowboard socks and I didn't have a problem. However, we are back at our local mountain which is only a 5 minute run. When we went to Copper Mountain last year for the first time I was starting to have this problem also on the bottom of their longest green run. So I wasn't sure if it was the socks or just the long run that we were on.

We are going back to Park City next month and I can't wait to see if I will still have the same problem. I also notice that the more I ride the cat tracks on my toe side (I'm regular) the worse the pain was. Long traverses on my toe side and the pain would start and boy, once it started it just got worse and worse to the point that I had to stop and rest and then start again.

My boots are laced loose as are my bindings. I feel for ya!!!!!