Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

car rental

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  element 
#1 ·
We will be in CO at the end of March and are looking for the best deal on renting a SUV or Van (5 ppl). Anybody know of anything?

#4 ·
thrifty generally seems to be the cheapest. you can find a lot of discount codes for hertz though. i don't know if they check when you go to pick up the car to see if you're really allowed to use the code. for instance, 77694 in the CDP box on hertz's website will give you the USAA discount, which is very substantial. they also have $10 off a day on an suv right now if you look in their deals section.

#5 · (Edited)
There was a slickdeal coupon for Avis $169 a week for a SUV. Some blackout dates apply.

The coupon code is: AWD S767700

Check to see if the dates you're renting are available.

I'm going to Utah the first week of April and the total including taxes for for my SUV rental was like 240 bucks.

Also, if you have a Costco membership you can take off another $30!

#6 ·
There was a slickdeal coupon for $169 a week for a SUV. Some blackout dates apply.

The coupon code is: AWD S767700

Check to see if the dates you're renting are available.

I'm going to Utah the first week of April and the total including taxes for for my SUV rental was like 240 bucks.

Through what rental service?

#7 ·
Thanks for this idea! I don't know why I never thought of it - my husband has a Costco membership through work. We don't use it much, but it came in handy for this, and it was about HALF of what I would have spent with the AAA discount for a 3.5 day SUV rental. There was a deal with Alamo for 25% off + $25 off. Sweet!

#10 ·
We ended up getting a van for about $91 per person (5 ppl) for 6 days, through Travelocity. Here is a great deal as well that we got through the same site, but it's not big enough for 5 ppl and all the gear and luggage: Through Travelociy, Avis has a 5-passenger Dodge Nitro (or similar) for $230.41 for 6 days. Pick up at Denver Airport. That is a sweet deal!!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.