Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Mammoth Weekdays

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  handscreate 
#1 ·
Looking for people to ride with mid week as I work weekends. I am up there 3-4 times a month during the season. Either Sun-Tue or Tue-Thur. Just got back last night and I have to say Mon and Tue were pretty good and the mtn was practically empty.

Would love to find other people riding mid week. Or if anyone is in town for a trip and wants to ride with someone hit me up!

#2 ·
I've only been up there over weekends so far this season, but have been wanting to do some mid-week riding. Supposed to be up Pres Day weekend, but I may be working, so I'm thinking about a mid-week run after that weekend or the following weekend. Where do you usually stay for mid-week riding?

You are the mixer from the job thread right?

#3 ·
indeed I am the mixer. I have a ski lease up there, me and 7 other people rent a condo for the season. I rent a room out in my house to cover the cost. Not a bad deal!

I am going up (hopefully) Prez Day weekend Sun-Tue sadly work just got busy for me, as I picked up a new gig on a video game.

If we get some snow I will be up there a lot of weekdays in March as I am only working part time- Monday and Friday. I usually go up Monday after work and come home thursday evening. I live in the 626 :)

#4 ·
My friends and I tried to get a season rental too, until a few backed out, leaving only 3 of us willing to pay but couldn't find anything in our price. But we did end up finding a good deal with a local, who rents her cabin to us on various weekends and she goes to stay with friends.

I got a gig for a game project too for editorial that pushed til next week, putting that weekend in jeopardy. But I should be up there for Sun and Mon (and hopefully Sat). Hit me up with a PM if you end up there next weekend and want to meet up.

I'm in studio city, kinda in the middle of both of my main work areas in burbank and santa monica.

#6 ·
I wish I could! Next week is my last week of full time work, then I am back to just two days a week. So it would be real nice if it snowed!!! Got rained on at bear yesterday. Total tease :(

I won't be back up in mammoth until end of the month, but I am going up for about a week. Im off work from March 20-29th and Im just waiting to see how conditions are before I commit to dates of travel. Bringing a bike and a snowboard :( If anyone else is going up end of month hit me up!

Hans, if it's your first time have fun! I know the mtn pretty well so if you want any suggestions on where to go (riding or eating or drinking) ask. We can help :D

#7 ·
Thanks mixie! If I end up going next week it will be with a friend who has a season pass and knows the mountain well. I'm just stoked at the possibility of getting more riding days in this season. I'm lagging on riding due to a lack of funds at the moment :( , but if this gig works out I'll have some $ to ride a couple days....hopefully

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.