Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Steep and Cheap
Thread: Steep and Cheap
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 04:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Slaughterhouse
Oh god...NO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz
'Ol carvingrimdog seems to have it figured out for Canadian purchases. You should chat with him whenever sb.com comes back. In the US it's only like a buck more to go ups vs usps. You get a tracking number and ability to make sure you stuff is delivered with ups so generally I go with them for the $1.
The shipping cost with UPS is OK. What kills Canadians with having things delivered via UPS or FedEx are the near criminal brokerage fees. These brokerage fees nearly double the cost of the original item making a deal seem more like a soaking. For example, I bought a Tierney Rides board from the US some time ago. The board was sent FedEx. The brokerage fees alone on the board was $70 not to mention the duties, taxes, handling fees etc. I had originally thought I got a good deal on the board; in the end, I paid more than MFSP on it. Lessons learned. Now I won't buy anything from the States unless it is sent via USPS because they deliver at the border to Canada Post, which in turn only charge around $5 for the actual brokerage fees. I sent Steep & Cheap an email asking if they would send USPS (even if I paid extra for tracking and insurance) and they flat out refused, even after explaining the brokerage delimna. So it is really unfortunate!
Slaughterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote