Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Weight training
Thread: Weight training
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #108 (permalink)
newnew

how long are your guy's workout sessions? mine seems to be getting longer and longer now that i wanna work on more muscle groups at the same time since there aren't enough days in the week for me to work on them seperately (including rest days). before i would do 1 muscle group a day: biceps, shoulders, chest, legs, abs, triceps and those already took an hour... Now i'm trying to work out my abs 3-4 times a week and i'm going from an hour workout to almost an hour and 45 mins. I wanna stay longer but i get hungry and just leave haha (i workout after work).

i've been going since the summer time, and thus far, i've seen some improvement, my chest has gotten bigger and my tricepts have grown a bunch. but i'm considering staying at the gym for 2 hours now just so i can work on a 2nd group of muscles. an hour for 1 group may seem like alot of time already but just seeing what you guy's routines are

my routine when i work out:

1st set: start off with the heaviest i can do, 8 reps, then immediate go down a notch, usually 10 pounds lighter, do 8 reps, then go down 1 more notch, and pump out 8-15 reps depending how light the weight is.
2nd set: as heavy as i can 8 reps.
3rd set: repeat.

Last edited by newnew; 02-10-2012 at 11:25 AM.
newnew is offline   Reply With Quote