Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Knee is busted (possibly serious)
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
CheoSamad
Veteran Member

Default Knee is busted (possibly serious)

Okay so today I took a hard one. My knee ended up completely twisted around and pulled several muscles and maybe even some tears.
I was riding with my girlfriend down some of the easier trails at my mountain just having a chill day as before I got hurt I PLANNED on having 2 competitions tomorrow but that will not happen.

At the bottom of the run there were some small bumps almost like mini moguls and they were really bouncy. I decided off of what I thought was the last one to throw a mellow back 180 but did not see the one like 5 feet farther down. My heelside edge dug right into the last bump and sent my for a trip. I slammed my head (Helmet was good) and kept going. I got twisted as I flew further and my body slammed on my back while my board dug in and rolled over to my toeside edge twisting my legs completely around before compressing my legs into my chest after they had untwisted causing excruciating pain. After the dust settled I quickly checked for a break and confirmed I did not have one.

I had to make it down the rest of the way on my own as there was no one else in sight and my girlfriend was leading so she did not see me fall and kept going to the base. I unstrapped my good leg and slowly skated down. Once at the best I screamed to her to get patrol and undid my other binding at sat down. Patrol came and took my to first aid. I got splinted up and they said I should go to the hospital is it could be very serious and was pretty swollen.

Hoping all is well but definitely out for a few days with a doctor visit on my horizon if a good nights rest does not help me. Hoping that its just a minor thing as it has improved LOADS since I got home. I can definitely tell that I'm not 100% but I am much better. I can feel some pain in the back of my knee but I am just gonna take it easy and rest it up.

Definitely did not expect this to happen.

Last edited by CheoSamad; 02-11-2012 at 07:00 AM.