Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Knee is busted (possibly serious)
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
BurtonAvenger
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt166 View Post
Sure, I doubt you sat at home and had the time to write an essay on a forum about it did you?

My point is that calling patrol and then not getting it looked at is wasting patrols time. Screaming at your girlfriend to call patrol? Carry a cellphone
Actually I walked around for 2.5 weeks with it ruptured and filling full of nastiness. I even made posts on various snowboard sites, played games, went to the bar, went to work, and finally when it finally ruptured I still rode to the base to get help while only being able to see out of one eye and having no motion on the right side of my body. Doc said the best thing I did was ride to get help. But by your standards I should have been fine even though I was bleeding to death internally.

Hell 7 weeks ago I rode the shame train out of the park for a dislocated elbow. Sure I could have gotten up and rode down but I wasn't sure if it was a dislocation or I had gotten a tri-compound fracture of my radius and destroyed my humerus. Better safe than sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt166 View Post
Bullshit, patrol will come get you wherever you are, if you can't describe where you are you shouldn't be riding there.
Yeah that only works at small little places. I go out a access gate I'm fucked and have to drag my ass back in bounds. You really need to think before you respond dumbass. There are some of us on here that have been around longer than you and know more than you especially about this.

Patrol's there working for you. Their "time" is spent answering any number of calls, throwing bombs, snow stability, roping off things, carting dumbasses off the mountain, informing the public, etc. etc. By buying a ticket, season pass, etc. you are paying for them to be there and work for you. But hey I know your time is precious and so is there's so they should only deal with serious things.