Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Another Critique the Crap out of my riding :D
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
quixotic_elixer

Smile Another Critique the Crap out of my riding :D

Been lurking for a while leading up to my first season of snowboarding. Being pretty excited i've been doing a lot of mental drills in my head way in advance before hitting the slopes, preparing myself and imagining what it's going to be like on the slopes.

So hereís the scoop:
I now have a total of FIVE days on the slope, self-taught and with, each day trying to progress from side slipping> traverse>J turns>linking > and now trying to carve.

My personal goal is to be able to
1. Carve consistently in regular while maintaining good speed
2. To be at least linking turns riding switch by my 10th riding day

Hereís the Vid:
Blue Mountain - Feb 12, 2012 - YouTube

Added the rest of the footage of that night:

My own thoughts:
Iím starting to get the hang of carving on my toeside, I get it about maybe 50% of the time where it finally grips and I can feel it pulling me through the turn. However Iím struggling with heelside where my backfoot is still ruddering. Iím also noticing that when Iím transitioning to heelside that Iím more stopping and skidding than doing C turns.

From the video I also seem to be quite static, I suppose I should try and get more flex in my knees.
After watching video, does anyone else feel that thereís a big disconnect from how you feel/perceive your riding compared to when you watch the video of it?

I now realize itís quite hard when it comes to coordinating multiple nuances when it comes to form and technique. So Iím hoping you guys can point out all the bad habits so I can start ironing them out one by one and get better

Thanks!

Last edited by quixotic_elixer; 02-14-2012 at 03:18 PM.
quixotic_elixer is offline   Reply With Quote