Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help with jumps
Thread: Help with jumps
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Vaughanabe13

Ok, I was at Devil's Head both Saturday and Sunday this weekend.... First off, the only jumps at the entire resort are on this run (and the little divergent runs at the bottom), so there really isn't any other option if the OP is trying to learn only at this mountain. Second, those jumps were absolutely awful. They're almost completely ice, first of all. Bailing is not fun, in fact it's downright painful. It's also painful if you land on the flat without bailing. The landing is SO far away from the kicker that you literally can't speed check at all in order to hit the landing. I only saw one or two guys hitting the landings all weekend and it was clear they weren't beginners. Personally, I just skipped the kickers and practiced ollie-ing off the landings after the kickers. I was able to get a decent 5-6 feet of air just doing that and it helps you get used to the feeling of being in the air and landing.
Vaughanabe13 is offline   Reply With Quote