Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Another update for snowolf....
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
t21

if you don't mind me chiming in,i'm also in my second season but the one thing i've got better at is the carving part. i had pointers from my neighbor who is a 15 year snowboard instructor up here in our mountain. he told and showed me to actually push your shin down on your front foot to initiate toeside turn and slowly drop your forward knee then your back knee like your about to kneel down as soon as you feel the turn of the board and your going across the fall line.at the same time keep your upper body straight.one thing i notice is that you are only using a small part of the run. you need to go across futher so you can actually feel the carve. the amount of area you are using is mainly for dynamic skidded turns or cross-over or under turns. If possible,a less crowded day might be better so you can actually go across without fear of getting hit by others.i hope this helps you out too and along with others input.have fun
t21 is offline   Reply With Quote