Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - My edging SUCKS
Thread: My edging SUCKS
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

You're standing pretty tall and lower body is static and a bit stiff legged. Try doing the same run but crouch down and hold your turns abit longer...do this for a couple of laps...ride crouched down...butt low to the ground on heelside and knees low to the ground toeside. Followed by doing a few laps trying really move up and down in the turns...crouching down to initiate the turns (and be stacked on the nose...ankles/hips/shoulders weighted on the nose) and rising up to come out of the turns (you will be more centered...fore-aft or abit on the tail). With some speed you should start to feel some G's in the bottom/apex of the turn and some snap/pop at the top or transitioning from edge to edge. What I'm describing is doing cross-over turns.

And when you go off the roller...just be going straight, netural position, keeping the upper body compact and quiet...flat on the take off...suck the knees abit and extend for light touch down landing...continue to go straight till you are in contact with the snow before turning...kind of like getting off a chair...just run straight abit then turn.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 02-14-2012 at 09:21 AM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote