Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Requesting boardercross racing tips/help
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
nickwarrenn

Question Requesting boardercross racing tips/help

I've been doing some racing lately, and been coming middle of the pack, although when it comes to just plain groomers, park or glades, I tend to seem a bit more dynamic and fluid than most. (if that makes sense.) I know it's a different type of riding, but I'm not quite sure what I can do to progress. I've been having some trouble finding any info on the net about boardercross racing.

I've broken it down into a few parts:
1) The start (pull from the gate)
2) Rollers
3) Berms
4) Jumps

The start I've broken down into being the pull from the gate, and I'm more or less extending my arms as far back as I can go, and pulling out a bit past 90degree elbows, then letting go and pumping the down.

Rollers I've pretty much just heard pump the downs, and online I've heard about pre-ollieing, but I see no one else doing it so I'm not sure if it is something I should be doing. I used to be getting a bit of air over the top, and never really pumped the down much(or pre-ollie) but recently I've been pumping down more before I normally would get a bit of air, and I don't feel any airtime, although I do occasionally hear the slap of landing when I'm going at high speeds.

Berms I've been told on the fourms that base is faster than edge, coach told me edge is faster, and carving it the way to go. I'm completly lost other than to pump the shit out of any down you can get. (Come in high to the banks, and then come out low, pumping it?)

Jumps are pretty simple, try to keep a low ark and not land far.

Any chance someone could tell me some tips/advice, point me to some good resources, big collection of races or competitions to watch and analyze, etc.
nickwarrenn is offline   Reply With Quote