Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2011 K2 Turbo Dream 157W
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
hikeswithdogs
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampow View Post
Nice review

how much do you weigh?

I am looking at a TD as a possible replacement for my 2011 Highlife which I am selling. Seems the TD will be softer and a little more playful which is what I want.

Its just one of several boards I am looking at. I really want an all mnountain freestyle ish sticj but it has to be very good in powder which is what I ride mostly.

How does the board feel doing tight turns in trees in the pow?
IMO the TurboDream is the best non-powderboard in powder out there(due to shape, setback and camber profile) it's main use is sidecountry\powder. As you can see above I think the slayblade is a better "all mountain" board) K2's splitboard(the panaramic) has the EXACT same shape and camber profile if that tells you anything.

I mostly like riding tight-trees\steeps at Solitude\Brighton and the TD rocks for these scenarios flexible enough to muscle around in tight areas but stiff enough to plow through chunder and nasty semi sun crusted POW, LOVE THIS BOARD.

I weight about 185Lbs 5'11 and ride the 157w , as long as I live in Utah this is probably the only board I'll ever need unless I move to a semi-dedicated powder stick like the Salomon powdersnake.

I sometimes(very rarely) wish it had better edge hold on uber icy\cruddy steeps but honestly it's not what this board is designed for and it doesn't slow me down at all. This board kind of compromises edge hold for pow performance but I'll take it anyday.

Last edited by hikeswithdogs; 02-15-2012 at 04:25 PM.
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote