Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Fernie weekend...
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by soaljack View Post
I love that hill,

Here is a vid of a secret stash in fernie. I have been riding there for 15 years and still finding new runs... amazing!

Fernie - Secret Stash - YouTube
Sweet! Let me guess, somewhere off the Timber Bowl Express? Just the sheer size of the bowls means there's powder there days after a storm. Well the powder I hit that Sunday had fallen on Wednesday or so, they had to bomb for a couple days before opening it up methinks.

The more hills my GF and I hit around here, the more we love Fernie. I hit sunshine last week and while it's got some neat terrain, there's a lot of flats leading back to each lift.

At fernie on a non powder day I can stay on the bear and do lots of vertical running that lift all day.

My distance and vertical record so far this year was at Lake Louise, but I could hardly walk by the end of that day. There was some powder in the bowl on the front side (to the left of the top of the world chair) and then I'd run a nice groomer back to that lift and do it all again. Hit almost 8000m of vertical that day!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote