Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Areas to live in PNW
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

i live in Portland now, but after a year of living here i'd rather live up towards sandy or in the brightwood area. the west side of all mt passes in Oregon act like rain-catches, so you better like the rain . or at least be able to find things to do when it is.. luckily you have worldclass fishing and snowboarding etc., and a really great food/music scene year round an hour away in pdx.

i lived in Bend for 7 years and would gladly move back. the mts to the west of town act as the rain-catch, so bend and the desert east gets alot of sun while the mountains still get dumped on. so many days it will be dumping on the mt. and 20 minutes away down in town it will be sunny!

in the summer it is 90 alot but only 100+ for maybe a week or so. there is so much fun outdoor shit to do there... worldclass climbing at smithrock and other places, great snow at Bachelor and the surrounding bc is sick, lots of rivers - all with different character to them - for fishing/rafting/kayaking/etc., great golf if you're into that, tons of lakes. central oregon really is great. anyone who loves the outdoors would love it.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote